Directly sells enterprise software solutions across the breadth of the company’s products and drive incremental license and subscription revenue. This role develops and owns the relationship within assigned accounts/territory and maximizes client’s footprint within them. Incumbents effectively collaborate with other teams, including pre- sales, professional services, marketing, channel management, finance and customer support, as well as external parties such as Alliances and Channel Partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Expands sales within existing and/or new accounts while building relationships with key decision makers.
• Develops and executes a strategic and comprehensive business plan for each account, including identifying core
• customer requirements and mapping the benefits of client’s solutions to customer business requirements.
• Timely documentation within CRM / Marketing software of customer contact and activity data is required of this
• role (e.g. names, titles, contact information, opportunity value, product information, sales stages, probability,
• business pain, firm-future commitments, etc.).
• Accountable for accurate forecasting, regular quarterly revenue delivery, and the implementation of agreed
• account and business plans.
• Collaborates with Marketing to develop an effective plan for the accounts, to include events, seminars, and
• roadmap sessions.
• Promotes client’s products, maximizes brand recognition and mindshare at all levels, and publicizes success
• Provides customer feedback to internal stakeholders for product, systems, and process improvements.
• At this level, incumbents will have journey-level expertise and complete knowledge of the company’s products
• and services.
• Assigned accounts are more complex in nature and assigned quota would be higher than lesser-scoped portfolio
• sales role levels. (Size of quota may be relative to complexity and nature of account set.)
• Incumbents sell-to and interact with increasingly more senior customer decision maker levels, with more frequent
• interactions with executive or CXO levels.
• active knowledge, network and experience in the higher education market including the relevant partners in this market
• This is a 100% whitespace role so new business experience is essential
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization who resolves wide ranges of issues in creative ways.
• Demonstrated experience using industry knowledge and understanding of a customer’s decision-making process, goals, strategies, and business objectives.
• Effective presentation, customer service, financial/business acumen, and negotiation skills at all levels of customer engagement.
• Thorough understanding of the business and technical contexts of key accounts.
• Enthusiastic self-starter and leads and compels others to get on board.
• Builds consultative effectiveness and establishes trust with internal and external customers.
• Knowledge of hybrid deployment of software solutions, Data Warehousing, Database, and/or Business Intelligence
• software concepts and products
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• BA/BS or equivalent educational background is preferred.
• Minimum 5+ years of relevant experience with undergrad degree
• Proven track record in the Higher Education market in UKI region